What I learned from my mother…
- Don’t talk to strangers unless they know the secret password: “pickled pears.”
- Kick him in the private parts while flailing your arms and screaming “STWANGER DANGER!”
- Wash your hands before you eat even if you did bathe in the past 36 hours.
- Wait 30 minutes after eating your PBJ before swimming (longest…30 minutes…ever.)
- Yes ma’am, no sir, please and thank you are not optional when speaking to grandparents or Pastor Bill.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST - “Look both ways before crossing the street or an 18-wheeler will crush you.” Well, she may not have said it exactly like that but the point is for once MOTHER DOES NOT KNOW BEST!
WalkSense is a new app that alerts walkers with a buzz/beep when they are crossing the road and a car is approaching. It uses image recognition through your phone camera giving multitasking walker/talkers time to pick up the pace and dodge a Dodge. So for those of us who have been eagerly awaiting the day when we could prove our mother’s wrong…that day is today…I just wouldn’t tell her that.